ISO problem

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

ISO problem

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 19:54

i like using imgburn to burn my movies from iso.But I'm trying to use Imgburn after using ideal dvd copy to burn a iso I get this message when i oopen imgburn and click the file
Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found: (VTS_01) This Image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) Disk None of the cells meet the "DVD-Video Specification" criteria for a potential layer break position. Do you want to continue anyway? YES / NO.. Is there anyway to fix this? i dont want to waste dual layer disc(s). Can you check into this?
TattooScorpio

Re: ISO problem

Postby cloud » 05 Aug 2012, 11:47

This happened maybe the data created by our program isn't highly compatible with ImgBurn, especially on shrinking mode.
Please try the following steps:
1. Use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the original disc to iso without shrinking.
2. Try to burn the new iso file with ImgBurn.

Let me know if the above ways solved this issue. Thanks.

BTW, our program also embeded with ImgBurn, why not choose "ImgBurn" burning engine from the "Burning engine" dropdown list to try?
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 05 Aug 2012, 15:07

cloud wrote:This happened maybe the data created by our program isn't highly compatible with ImgBurn, especially on shrinking mode.
Please try the following steps:
1. Use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the original disc to iso without shrinking.
2. Try to burn the new iso file with ImgBurn.

Let me know if the above ways solved this issue. Thanks.

BTW, our program also embeded with ImgBurn, why not choose "ImgBurn" burning engine from the "Burning engine" dropdown list to try?

I never shrink. Ideal dvd won't find the disc if i change burning engine to imgburn. it only works when i put the burning engine to "internal burning 1"
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 06 Aug 2012, 03:00

If so, this issue is a little strange.

The DVD you mentioned is "narnia", right? And now what you need is making a copy of this dvd, right?

At present, I don't know why the iso file will crash when playback, we'll do the same test today and joyce will give you a reply soon.

Now, I suggest you try the following steps:
1) Use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the dvd to your hard drive directly as the VIDEO_TS folder.
2) Playback the copied files to check if it can be played well. You may just open the "VIDEO_TS.ifo" file to play the whole movie.

If it can be played well, that means our program has handled the dvd right, then you may burn it to blank dvd from the original dvd to blank dvd directly.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 06 Aug 2012, 03:59

cloud wrote:If so, this issue is a little strange.

The DVD you mentioned is "narnia", right? And now what you need is making a copy of this dvd, right?

At present, I don't know why the iso file will crash when playback, we'll do the same test today and joyce will give you a reply soon.

Now, I suggest you try the following steps:
1) Use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the dvd to your hard drive directly as the VIDEO_TS folder.
2) Playback the copied files to check if it can be played well. You may just open the "VIDEO_TS.ifo" file to play the whole movie.

If it can be played well, that means our program has handled the dvd right, then you may burn it to blank dvd from the original dvd to blank dvd directly.

Yes the movie plays fine when ripping to hardisk :) i dont know why it wont work with iso :( at least i got the movie to copy :) hopefully u guys can fix the issue i like vlc player :) thanks cloud
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 07 Aug 2012, 02:10

Yes, we found the issue. VLC use a different way to play dvd files from PowerDVD and Windows Media Player. So the data our program created can't work with VLC on some special dvds. Anyway, we've solved it and know how to fix the future new dvds. :D
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 07 Aug 2012, 02:21

cloud wrote:Yes, we found the issue. VLC use a different way to play dvd files from PowerDVD and Windows Media Player. So the data our program created can't work with VLC on some special dvds. Anyway, we've solved it and know how to fix the future new dvds. :D

Thanks! i re-ripped the movie after joyce got back to me and now the movies plays perfectly :D your team is the best!! thanks again :)
TattooScorpio

ISO problem

Postby pearlofmag » 21 Jan 2015, 09:26

I want to burn an ISO so I can burn multiple DVDs. making the ISO works fine, however when I go to burn it on a DVD -R I get the following error massage:

Unspecified error
Error code 8004145d

Anybody have any idea?
pearlofmag

Postby Willer » 22 Jan 2015, 02:21

pearlofmag wrote:I want to burn an ISO so I can burn multiple DVDs. making the ISO works fine, however when I go to burn it on a DVD -R I get the following error massage:

Unspecified error
Error code 8004145d

Anybody have any idea?

Do you use our Ideal DVD Copy to burn? If so, it seems to be a burning issue. We need you to click the icon on the left top of the window of Ideal DVD Copy, then click "Export log file" to export IdealDVDCopy.ilz and attach it to us for checking.
Willer

ISO problem

Postby JoshuaToon » 18 Jun 2015, 08:28

Nero can burn iso files to disc, but you dont want to just "copy" the iso file to the disc, as it will end up as a data disc. Nero needs to unwrap the ISO and burn the dvd-video file to the disc.
Ive only had trouble with burning either way, never been able to burn one way and not the other ?????
JoshuaToon

Postby Willer » 23 Jun 2015, 08:12

JoshuaToon wrote:Nero can burn iso files to disc, but you dont want to just "copy" the iso file to the disc, as it will end up as a data disc. Nero needs to unwrap the ISO and burn the dvd-video file to the disc.
Ive only had trouble with burning either way, never been able to burn one way and not the other ?????

To make a data .iso disc, you can use Nero or Imgburn.

To make a dvd-video disc from a DVD.iso, you can refer to step 2 on http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/copy-dvd-to-iso.htm , and load the ISO file in virtual drive, then use our Ideal DVD copy to burn from virtual drive.
Willer

ISO problem

Postby yarickpn » 24 Jul 2015, 02:29

maybe its a copyprotection problem?
get the image out of the iso or off a dvd and try again.
yarickpn

ISO problem

Postby MichaeolHarY » 30 May 2016, 16:27

Agreed but then I look at how I have been running at home and I dont need this. At work I need it and it will save me a lot of time but at home I have not mounted a ISO image in - 2 years...
MichaeolHarY

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows