The Dictator

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

The Dictator

Postby TattooScorpio » 11 Aug 2012, 02:54

No problems here Region 1 ;) thanks team ideal! :)
TattooScorpio

Re: The Dictator

Postby cloud » 12 Aug 2012, 11:13

Good know the result. Thanks. :)
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Re: The Dictator copying & ripping

Postby cloud » 20 Aug 2012, 07:24

This DVD will be released tomorrow. So far, we've fixed two editions (both for region 1&4). Maybe there're other edition we haven't met, if you still have any issue when copying or ripping "The Dictator", don't hesitate to contact us with the bup files of the original dvd enclosed in your email, we'll give you a solution within one day.

Ideal Blu-ray Copy already got key for the blu-ray edition, to make a blu-ray copy, please download our blu-ray copy from http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/bluray-copy.htm.
To rip the blu-ray edition on mac, please download Ideal Blu-ray Ripper for mac from http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/mac-blu-ray-ripper.htm

To backup dvd the dictator, please download ideal dvd copy 4.1.2 from http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/dvd-copy.htm .
To rip dvd the dictator, please download ideal dvd ripper from http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/dvd-ripper.htm

Good luck, my friends. :)
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby baldy95307 » 08 Sep 2012, 23:49

I'm having a problem copying "The Dictator" but since I'm a newbie at using Ideal DVD Copy, I need to ask a question or two.

This movie is giving me a "read error" during the copying process. The question is if this means there is a physical defect on the disc (which I've cleaned and inspected and looks OK to me) or if this is the usual indication that DVD Copy has run into a new anti-copy method that it does not know how to process?

Somewhat related to the first question is this: I'm trying to copy the main movie only from The Dictator in hopes that I can bypass the read error (soft or hard) but even that is telling me that the copy process will take over 1 hour and 30 minutes. Is this the norm for a heavily protected disc?

Baldy
:?
baldy95307

Postby TattooScorpio » 09 Sep 2012, 01:27

baldy95307 wrote:I'm having a problem copying "The Dictator" but since I'm a newbie at using Ideal DVD Copy, I need to ask a question or two.

This movie is giving me a "read error" during the copying process. The question is if this means there is a physical defect on the disc (which I've cleaned and inspected and looks OK to me) or if this is the usual indication that DVD Copy has run into a new anti-copy method that it does not know how to process?

Somewhat related to the first question is this: I'm trying to copy the main movie only from The Dictator in hopes that I can bypass the read error (soft or hard) but even that is telling me that the copy process will take over 1 hour and 30 minutes. Is this the norm for a heavily protected disc?

Baldy

Hello Baldy95307,
Welcome to the forums ;). What region is your DVD? Have you tried copying the DVD movie in a different drive?The "Read error" your getting could possibly mean its a dirty,defective disc and or drive. The movie may play and look fine but when playing a dvd in a player usually the player will skip the bad sectors. So when copying a movie every sector must be read. Please click the icon on the top left corner of Ideal DVD Copy main form, then click "Export bup files" menu, send it to the support team support@idealdvdcopy.com
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 10 Sep 2012, 13:57

baldy95307 wrote:I'm having a problem copying "The Dictator" but since I'm a newbie at using Ideal DVD Copy, I need to ask a question or two.

Baldy

The read error means two possibilities. One is the dvd itself isn't in good quality, and the original dvd shouldn't be played well on the same drive you used to copy. The other is new copy protection. If you can't skip the bad sectors in our program, just feel free to report the dvd to us, then we'll check the exact reason and give you instructions about how to do then.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby baldy95307 » 10 Sep 2012, 20:36

Just a quick update about my problems with "The Dictator"....for the time being, I have confirmed that it was a bad disc to begin with. Visually, the disc surface looked pristine without a single scratch. The movie would load and begin to play without any problems but there were two chapters half way through the movie that would freeze. Apparently what I got was just a "bad pressing".

That still leaves me a little puzzled about how does one know what they are trying to copy a movie with a "new protection scheme". Does Ideal DVD Copy give the user no warning other than the copy just won't play, or does a "read error" come up, or does a little man pop-up on screen waving a red flag?
baldy95307

Postby cloud » 11 Sep 2012, 03:06

Since read error can be caused by bad pressing and new protection, so it isn't easy for our program to judge, but our program will prompt you to report the dvd to us or try to skip the read errors, even if you choose to skip the read error, finally if you still failed, our program will still guide you to report the dvd to us, then our stuff will check it for you. If it is a real read error, our stuff will tell you on which point it is scratched, then you can confirm the disc by yourself. For new protection, we'll work out the solution and reply you within 24 hour.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows