Ideal thinks my discs aren't blank

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Ideal thinks my discs aren't blank

Postby Unsprung » 18 Jul 2012, 08:15

I have a trail version of Ideal, so I have little experience with it. I have previously used DVDShrink and Decrypter together many times but DVDShink has so much trouble with Disney movies, so I tried Ideal. It copied Toy Story easily and in record time. I was impressed. Then I tried to copy Mary Poppins 45th anniversary DVD. It took 9 hours to copy but eventually succeeded. I was prompted to put in a blank disc but got this error message: "The disc is not blank." Well I beg to differ. It then rejected 5 different discs after that but the same type that worked with Toy Story. All of the discs used so far are Verbatum DVD+R. That's all I have right now. I have 100 of them. Do I have any options?
Unsprung

Re: Ideal thinks my discs aren't blank

Postby cloud » 18 Jul 2012, 11:49

Sorry for this issue. Our program used the default burning engine which mac built in. Maybe that burning engine isn't stable enough, now, maybe you can try the following steps to burn your dvds to avoid more burning issues:
1) Copy the dvd to your hard drive first.
2) Burn from hard drive to blank dvd.

Let me know if you can succeed this time, otherwise, please send us the log file. Thanks.

BTW, it's unusual that it took 9 hours to finish copying a dvd. Please also send us the ifo files of the original dvd. We'll check what's wrong.

Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby Unsprung » 20 Jul 2012, 11:58

Cloud,
I tried first copying to my hard drive but that made no difference. Ideal still thinks the disks are blank. I tried something else too. I installed two other DVD copy programs with free trials and - guess what? They can't read my Verbatim disks either. I find this strange because Ideal read the first verbatim disc; it just was unable to read the next six. So is it the software or the disks. I see in some other forums that others had had trouble with verbatim disks and have had limited success cleaning their DVD laser. I am reluctant to do this. Any thoughts?
Unsprung

Postby cloud » 22 Jul 2012, 02:42

Yes, burning issue is complex, it is related to the blank disc, burner and burning engine as well.

I know you have a lot of blank verbatim disks, I also don't want you to abandon them. Maybe we can try other method to take use of these blank discs.
Does dvd shrink work well with these blank discs? DVD shrink can't break the disney protection, but our program can. Maybe you can use our program to copy them to your hard drive, then use DVDShrink to burn it from hard drive to blank disc. Please have a try and tell me the result. Thanks.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Ideal thinks my discs arent blank

Postby Hyvver » 29 Nov 2012, 23:21

I am just about to purchase a blu ray player and notice that you can also buy blank blu ray discs for recording onto - Might be a daft question but what can you record onto these discs and what is the benefit i.e. can you record HDTV onto a blu ray disc from a normal dvd recorder ?

Any advice welcome
Hyvver

Re: Ideal thinks my discs arent blank

Postby TattooScorpio » 30 Nov 2012, 02:56

Hyvver wrote:I am just about to purchase a blu ray player and notice that you can also buy blank blu ray discs for recording onto - Might be a daft question but what can you record onto these discs and what is the benefit i.e. can you record HDTV onto a blu ray disc from a normal dvd recorder ?

Any advice welcome

Drives that can play and record Blu-ray discs give you an additional benefit — the ability to back up or record huge amounts of data on one disc. While a single-layer DVD gives you about 4.7 gigabytes of space for recording, a single-layer Blu-ray disc can hold up to 25 gigabytes of information; a dual-layer disc gives you 50 gigabytes of storage space. About normal dvd recorder no you will need a Blu-ray burner ;)
TattooScorpio

Return to Questions from Users