Help Advice and or consideration For Future Releases

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Help Advice and or consideration For Future Releases

Postby Roy » 14 Aug 2009, 14:03

Hi Would Really Like it If In Conversion You Could Choose The Output Size Like 730 Meg So 1 avi Would be gauranteed to fit on one cd at the best Qual for that size output, or is there a setting Im Missing in converting to either Xvid or Divx ? Thanks Regards to all and Any who read. Appreciate Any recomendations Or Considerations In Future. :| :|
Roy

Re: Help Advice and or consideration For Future Releases

Postby cloud » 14 Aug 2009, 14:16

Thanks for your advice. At present, our program doesn't have such a function. I'll discuss with our programmer to see if we can automatically calculate the video bit rate according to the customized target size to meet your need. Thanks again.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby kisslover98 » 08 Dec 2009, 00:46

Hi, I have an idea for your software.....

It would really be a good thing to see Ideal DVD able to copy blue ray disc since they are really pushing this format. Also, the ability to convert blue ray to DVD would be a really nice touch. I have seen a lot different back up programs and none of them have this option. I have 2 kids and am thinking about finally getting a blue ray player now that they have been out for a while and I back up a lot of my movies for my kids. It would really be nice to be able to buy the blue ray discs and burn them to a straight DVD instead of having to buy 2 copies of the same disc. I know there are probably a ton of other people out there just like me that would love to see this option in one program.

Just a thought.

Thanks
John
kisslover98

Postby cloud » 08 Dec 2009, 03:36

Thanks, John.

We have such a plan to support blu-ray discs. But at present, we haven't got enough technique information to decrypt BD+ protection. And no burning engine supports burning blu-ray disc. Don't worry, we've already worked on this plan, once we finish the version, we'll update all our programs immediately and inform our users. :)
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby kisslover98 » 11 Dec 2009, 02:45

You guys are great. This is definitely one of the best investments I have ever made.

Just one more question... Are you going to make some more skins than ones yo already have? I think some really neat streamline skins would be a nice improvement to an already great program.
kisslover98

Postby cloud » 11 Dec 2009, 06:33

Sorry. We don't have such a plan at present. But we'll consider your suggestion. Do you have some good ideals for the skin? For examle, the color.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby cloud » 08 Feb 2010, 05:07

chiuchimu wrote:I would like to see a Split to 2 disk option that places the movie only on one disk and the menu and extras on another disk. The current split-to-two-disk feature cuts the DVD in half( usually the first disk has only a little of the movie).

There're three methods in our program to split a DVD.
1.The movie only on one disk and the menu and extras on another disk.
2.Cut a DVD in half.
3.Part of the DVD on one disc and others on another disc. Both discs have menu. This method is usually used for TV Shows or episodic DVD.

Which method is used depends on the structure of the original DVD. It seems that the DVD you mentioned only has one large main PGC, so our program cut it in half.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby fordprefect11 » 02 Sep 2010, 15:26

Here are a few features (modifications) that I would personally like to see in future releases.

A set of options to specify more detail over compression mode (Instead of just compressing the whole disc to fit 4.7Gb at the same ratio, apply more compression to the menu's and "bonus features", also the option to deselect features that are not required such as audio tracks in languages that you don't want/need, this would then mean that less compression is required for the movie itself resulting in better quality) this should be in "Advanced compression settings" and with an option to "always use these settings when compression is required"

It may also be of use to have a "Turn computer off when finished" button on the actual screen that gets displayed while the disc is being copied - i know there is an option in the config menu, but what if you change your mind after you've started it copying? a one click button would make things easier.

Hope you can implement these.
fordprefect11

Postby cloud » 09 Sep 2010, 06:57

fordprefect11

Thanks for your suggestions.

About the compression, although we didn't list the compression ratio of every part, such as movie, menu etc, but our program will automatically use the best method to compress the whole DVD to ensure the movie has the best quality. That means, compression ratio of the menu and special features depends on the size of the main movie, if the main movie also need to be compressed, then our program will compress the menu and features in the highest ratio. If you want to remove the unwanted audio track and subtitles, you may use our "Selected episodes" mode to choose all, and uncheck the unwanted audio track and subtitles for each title. You may have a try.

About "Shut down computer when job finished", only when the coyping is finished, our program will check if you have checked the option. So if you changed your mind when the copy started, you may just uncheck it. It will affect your current copying process. And if fact, before shutting down your PC, our program will also give you 1 miniute to decide whether to shutdown or not.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 03 Oct 2010, 00:52

Hi. Great software. I use them all.

I would like to see a verification run in dvd copy please. Even if its just in the options menu to click on and off.

I ask because I have had a few bad blank discs and even though the copy went fine with no errors the odd disc won't work.

Thanks.
MuZila

Postby cloud » 04 Oct 2010, 13:47

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll consult our programmer and reply you as soon as possible.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby cloud » 09 Oct 2010, 02:07

Sorry, the burning engine we used are authorized by VSO and Starburn, we can't add "Data certification" in it. But we'll contact our provider to ask if they have this plan.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby estewart » 12 Oct 2011, 19:29

Does Ideal DVD make software for an Apple Computer?
estewart

Postby cloud » 13 Oct 2011, 06:45

Sorry. We don't have such a plan at present. But our partner has a dvd ripper for mac. You may visit http://www.macdvdconvert.com to have a look. Maybe it's useful for you.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby skorpio19 » 10 Nov 2011, 03:28

cloud wrote:Sorry, the burning engine we used are authorized by VSO and Starburn, we can't add "Data certification" in it. But we'll contact our provider to ask if they have this

ok how about as a work around you allow us to make 4.7 Gb dvd iso's. Right now the iso gets the entire size of the disk. but if we could get a shrunken iso that would fit on a 4.7 dvd-r then we could use a secondary program like imgburn to burn and verify the disk. it adds an extra step for us, but would allow us to know our backup was flawless.
skorpio19

Next

Return to Questions from Users