AVI2

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

AVI2

Postby SugarLeo » 07 Jun 2010, 16:09

I hope someone can help me. Ideal DVD to AVI has stopped working. I get "initialize output module 'avi2' failed!" I don't know what that means? I've uninstalled and insalled it 2x. I can play the DVD's with no problem, and they get read with no problem but when i start the ripping i get the avi2 message.
SugarLeo

Re: AVI2

Postby cloud » 08 Jun 2010, 02:37

Sorry for the issue. Please click "File"->"Export log file" menu of Ideal DVD to Avi Converter, then you will get a IdealAVILog.iba. Save it and then upload it here or just email to support@idealdvdcopy.com, we'll help you as soon as possible.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby SugarLeo » 08 Jun 2010, 17:42

I don't know how to load it here! So gonna try e-mailing it...
SugarLeo

Postby cloud » 09 Jun 2010, 11:51

Yes, we've received your email. By analyzing the log file, I found the resolution for wide-screen movie isn't right. It should be 368*208, but yours is 368*209, please click "Options"->"Config"->"Profile" to set it to 368*208, then try again and tell us the result. If your issue still persists, please re-export the log file to us. Thanks.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby SugarLeo » 09 Jun 2010, 12:43

Oh, Ok... I didn't realize the settings were set in stone! lol... thank you very much and yes that has fixed my problem... i will no longer fiddle with the settings!

I would also like to point out that I have never gotten a response from a company/software ppl as quickly as i have here. You guy's are awesome and i'm glad i spent money on your software!

Thank-you again.
SugarLeo

Postby cloud » 10 Jun 2010, 02:18

Glad to hear the good news! ;)

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby SugarLeo » 10 Jun 2010, 22:46

Hey, um... are there set in stone settings for the full screen? or what should it be set at?
SugarLeo

Postby cloud » 11 Jun 2010, 07:10

By default, our program will output the same aspect ratio as the original DVD. That means if the original DVD is 4:3 full screen, then output video will be 4:3 too, and it will be 16:9 while the original DVD is 16:9. So if you watch the ripped 16:9 movie on a device with wide-screen monitor, the video will be full of the screen.

What's aspect ratio of the original DVD? Where are you watching the ripped file? Is the monitor of your device wide screen (16:9) or full screen (4:3)?
cloud
Site Admin

Postby SugarLeo » 12 Jun 2010, 14:30

Some are wide screen and some are full screen. I was asking because when i ripped the Pacifier, the colour didn't come out. i did it 2x and was wondering if maybe it was the # i changed for full screen.
SugarLeo

Postby cloud » 13 Jun 2010, 02:32

I'm sorry I can't understand your question well this time.

"the colour didn't come out", do you mean the video is white and black or there's no video just audio? In fact, this problem isn't related to aspect ratio. Where did you play the ripped file? Try it on your computer and tell me the player software you used and the result as well. We'll try our best to help you.

As for "2x", do you mean you burn it to a blank disc with 2x speed or ripped the DVD for two times? If not, please decribe it in detail too. Thanks.

Sorry for my poor English!
cloud
Site Admin

Postby SugarLeo » 14 Jun 2010, 13:40

I usually play video's on Real Player. I've never had a problem playing stuff on it.

DVD to AVI is the software I'm using when talking about the colour not coming through. When ripping the little window that allows you to view the progress of the ripping shows colour. After ripping I view the video on Real Player to make sure it all came through ok. I don't know how to explain the out come of the Pacifier. Not black and white but colour streaked accross the screen. Like it was running or leaking off the page. I've been ripping and transfering the AVI files to another computer/hard drive, and when playing the video on that computer the problem was the same.

Am going to try it again and send you the log file, maybe you can get more out of that?
SugarLeo

Postby SugarLeo » 14 Jun 2010, 22:12

So I tried it and it came out perfect, so i'm thinking i used it too much and it needed a break... hahaha, Disney's a tricky bunch. :)
SugarLeo

Postby cloud » 15 Jun 2010, 01:27

Glad to hear finally it was OK. But your issue is really very strange. The reason shouldn't be that you used it too much. Do you still have the troubled ripped file? If yes, please play it by windows media player and tell me the result. Then please re-send the log file. Thanks.

BTW, please tell me something about your DVD drive on two of your computers. On some paticular drives, if the DVD's region isn't the same as the DVD drive's region, it will fail to decrypt the DVD.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby BigO » 13 Aug 2010, 15:59

Do any of your products convert VHS ( VCR ) to DVD?
BigO

Postby xthoughtboxx » 11 Apr 2011, 14:46

I send you guys an email with my log file. i tried to change my size on the video after reading the earlier posts in this forum and still no luck. "Initialize output module avi2" error. please help!!!
xthoughtboxx

Next

Return to Questions from Users