Region Code

We will post the tech guides about Ideal Media Solution here. If you have any question when using Ideal Media Solution including DVDRipper, BlurayRipper, BlurayCopy, VideoDownloader, VideoConverter, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Region Code

Postby TattooScorpio » 31 Jul 2012, 16:30

Im not on blu ray yet but i have a question about region code. Okay for blu rays do we have to remove region coding or can we keep it?
TattooScorpio

Re: Region Code

Postby cloud » 02 Aug 2012, 04:07

I've tested a blu-ray for region B yesterday and found our program will keep the original region code, the burned blu-ray can be played on PC but not on PS3 which is for region A.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 02 Aug 2012, 06:47

cloud wrote:I've tested a blu-ray for region B yesterday and found our program will keep the original region code, the burned blu-ray can be played on PC but not on PS3.

Will ideal blu ray be able to remove the region coding and fix the ps3 issue with burned blu ray discs in the upcoming version(s)?
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 03 Aug 2012, 02:35

Sorry, at present, we don't have such a plan to remove the region code since it's uneasy to find where it is stored in the Java.

As for the PS3 issue, I didn''t clarify my issue. My PS3 is in region A, but the burned blu-ray I tried is for region B, so it can't be played on my PS3. If your blu-rays and ps3 are for the same region code, then the burned blu-ray disc can be played well on PS3.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 02:45

cloud wrote:Sorry, at present, we don't have such a plan to remove the region code since it's uneasy to find where it is stored in the Java.

As for the PS3 issue, I didn''t clarify my issue. My PS3 is in region A, but the burned blu-ray I tried is for region B, so it can't be played on my PS3. If your blu-rays and ps3 are for the same region code, then the burned blu-ray disc can be played well on PS3.

Thanks for the info :) but on the ideal blu ray page in the key features it says "Remove AACS, BD+, BD-live copy protection - Automatically make region free" :?
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 03 Aug 2012, 06:29

Yes, I made a mistake. I had thought Ideal Blu-ray Copy is the same as our dvd copy software on removing copy protection. I'll correct it soon. ;)
Thanks for your feedback.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 06:32

cloud wrote:Yes, I made a mistake. I had thought Ideal Blu-ray Copy is the same as our dvd copy software on removing copy protection. I'll correct it soon. ;)
Thanks for your feedback.

:) no problem. Any news on any updates with ideal dvdcopy?:)
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 03 Aug 2012, 06:40

The update is that we uploaded a lot of decryption files for dvd copy and dvd converters to our server, but you needn't re-install it, since our program will auto-download it when you copy the same dvd.

About the dvd which you have issue with Ideal DVD Ripper, we'll buy the same disc to test. But it needs about two weeks to receive the disc, so please be patient.

BTW, from your log file of dvd copy you sent last time, I found our program failed to download the decryption files, the dwresult equal to 1. Please check your firewall or anti-virus software maybe they blocked Ideal DVD Copy.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 06:55

cloud wrote:The update is that we uploaded a lot of decryption files for dvd copy and dvd converters to our server, but you needn't re-install it, since our program will auto-download it when you copy the same dvd.

About the dvd which you have issue with Ideal DVD Ripper, we'll buy the same disc to test. But it needs about two weeks to receive the disc, so please be patient.

BTW, from your log file of dvd copy you sent last time, I found our program failed to download the decryption files, the dwresult equal to 1. Please check your firewall or anti-virus software maybe they blocked Ideal DVD Copy.

Which dvd movie we talking about? :?
TattooScorpio

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 07:01

TattooScorpio wrote:
cloud wrote:The update is that we uploaded a lot of decryption files for dvd copy and dvd converters to our server, but you needn't re-install it, since our program will auto-download it when you copy the same dvd.

Which dvd movie we talking about? :?

How would i know that ideal downloaded the decryption file? All i get is analyzing then reading. Maybe my internet cuz it tends to timeout sometimes. But how would i know if it got the file?
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 03 Aug 2012, 07:23

I mean Lockout & AMERICAN REUNION

Which is choppy when playing on your iPodtouch 2.

TattooScorpio wrote:How would i know that ideal downloaded the decryption file? All i get is analyzing then reading. Maybe my internet cuz it tends to timeout sometimes. But how would i know if it got the file?

You may pay attention to our updates news post to see which dvds we've solved, if you still failed to copy the dvds we mentioned there, that may means you failed to download the decryption files. Don't worry, I'll update the setup file every a certtain days, which will includes all the decryption files on the server, then you won't have issue to copy them.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby TattooScorpio » 03 Aug 2012, 14:39

cloud wrote:I mean Lockout & AMERICAN REUNION

Which is choppy when playing on your iPodtouch 2.

TattooScorpio wrote:How would i know that ideal downloaded the decryption file? All i get is analyzing then reading. Maybe my internet cuz it tends to timeout sometimes. But how would i know if it got the file?

You may pay attention to our updates news post to see which dvds we've solved, if you still failed to copy the dvds we mentioned there, that may means you failed to download the decryption files. Don't worry, I'll update the setup file every a certtain days, which will includes all the decryption files on the server, then you won't have issue to copy them.

Thanks for the info :D ... Why when i "quote' something its not properly done?
TattooScorpio

Postby cloud » 06 Aug 2012, 03:32

That's because you checked the option "Disable BBCode".
cloud
Site Admin

Region Code

Postby yarickpn » 13 Jul 2015, 05:21

I note that region A of PS3 is on sale in Hong Kong. What is the region code for Hong Kong in blu-ray software and hardware, not C in line with China?

Thanks,

Scott
yarickpn

Postby Willer » 13 Jul 2015, 08:21

yarickpn wrote:I note that region A of PS3 is on sale in Hong Kong. What is the region code for Hong Kong in blu-ray software and hardware, not C in line with China?

Thanks,

Scott

HongKong is in region A of bluray DVD.
Willer

Next

Return to Ideal Media Solution