Recommended Blu Ray Burner

We will post the tech guides about Ideal Media Solution here. If you have any question when using Ideal Media Solution including DVDRipper, BlurayRipper, BlurayCopy, VideoDownloader, VideoConverter, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Recommended Blu Ray Burner

Postby danmac520 » 14 May 2012, 02:42

I recently bought a new ASUS laptop and promptly re-installed IdealDVD. After multiple attempts to copy a movie and numerous discussions with support, we determined that the MATSHITA drive in my new laptop is configured to prevent copying movies. I am using this as an opportunity/excuse to buy an external Blu Ray burner. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on this. Can I get recommendations for reasonably priced Blu Ray burners, please?
Thanks,
Dan
danmac520

Re: Recommended Blu Ray Burner

Postby Willer » 15 May 2012, 08:52

As far as I know, only matshita brand has such problem, so I think other brand of blu ray burner should be all ok. You may visit http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/22-DV ... c6d385c733 to get some references. Or you can search more by GOOGLE to see what other users think.

In addition, did you try my advice "set your MATSHITA drive to region 1"? And did you still fail?
Willer

Postby danmac520 » 17 May 2012, 19:22

It was already set that way so, no it failed. I bought a Samsung SE-506 External Blu-Ray drive. How do I get IdealDVD to use it as the source drive?
Thanks,
Dan
danmac520

Postby danmac520 » 17 May 2012, 19:32

Also, Ideal doesn't seem to recognize the external drive as a DVD drive. I try changing "Source" to "from hard disk" & choose the new drive. No luck.
danmac520

Postby cloud » 18 May 2012, 03:27

The intneral burning engine of ideal blu-ray copy should can recognize external burner. Now, please switch the burning engine to "ImgBurn" to try.
You may click the configure button on the top right of the main form, then click "Burning" tab, choose "ImgBurn" from the "Burning engine" dropdown list to try again.

If your issue persists, please click Image on the main form,click "Export log file" menu, save the exported file and send it to our support team, we'll check what's wrong then help you as soon as possible.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby danmac520 » 26 May 2012, 02:21

Thanks. It works great in ImgBurn mode. I appreciate all of the help.
Dan
danmac520

Return to Ideal Media Solution