Copying to 8.5GB double layer problem

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Copying to 8.5GB double layer problem

Postby gustygus » 21 Dec 2009, 16:31

My laptop can write to double layer DVD+R disks at a speed of 2.4x

I just bought some Verbatim 8.5GB DVD+R DL 8x discs but I am having problems burning to them. In the configuration, I changed the write speed to 2.4 but it still failed to copy.

Can a DVD drive with a speed of 2.4x burn data to a 8x DVD disc or do I need to buy 2.4x DVD discs?

If my laptop is compatable with these DVD discs, why isn't it copying to them. BTW I can successfully copy to 4.7GB DVD-R discs.
gustygus

Re: Copying to 8.5GB double layer problem

Postby cloud » 22 Dec 2009, 02:26

gustygus wrote:Can a DVD drive with a speed of 2.4x burn data to a 8x DVD disc or do I need to buy 2.4x DVD discs?

Yes, it can. But I think your problem is mostly because this brand of DL disc isn't highly compatible with your burner. Burning issue is very complex, it depends on the media, burner and software as well. Please click Windows' Menu "Start"->"All Programs"->"Ideal DVD Copy"->"Export log" to export the log file of our program, then email it to support@idealdvdcopy.com, our stuff will analyze it and give you exact instructions.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows