Cinavia infecting my DVDs now!!!

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Cinavia infecting my DVDs now!!!

Postby Tean94 » 11 Dec 2015, 16:57

With the more recent DVDs, I'm seeing the Cinavia protection when playing them back. And while I'm thankful that my player remembers where my movie leaves off when I have to turn it off and turn it back on about 10 times throughout the movie, I just don't have the overall patience for that crap. Not to mention my kids are not too happy about it either.

This Cinavia garbage is not going away and will become more and more prevalent in all new DVD movies, so certainly Ideal and their programmers are working to find a way around this? Or is there a way already that I'm not aware of?

Any glimmer of hope would be welcomed.

Thanks!
Tean94

Re: Cinavia infecting my DVDs now!!!

Postby TattooScorpio » 16 Dec 2015, 01:23

Tean94 wrote:With the more recent DVDs, I'm seeing the Cinavia protection when playing them back. And while I'm thankful that my player remembers where my movie leaves off when I have to turn it off and turn it back on about 10 times throughout the movie, I just don't have the overall patience for that crap. Not to mention my kids are not too happy about it either.

This Cinavia garbage is not going away and will become more and more prevalent in all new DVD movies, so certainly Ideal and their programmers are working to find a way around this? Or is there a way already that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Cinavia is not a classic protection like CSS. It's an audio drm method, completely different thing. What can be done for DVD's? Currently nothing, It's not widespread enough yet.

I'm sure they'll come up with something eventually. It doesn't take matter that it the source is a DVD, what matters is the playback device.

Since you play it on a BD player that's new enough to detect it, it has no choice but to do it.

You have a few options.

play it on a pre-feb 1st 2012 buray player
play it on a DVD only player, cinavia is not part of the DVD standard and as such even new players are not required to detect it.

That's the only options for DVD's with cinavia as I previously stated here.
TattooScorpio

Re: Cinavia infecting my DVDs now!!!

Postby Willer » 18 Dec 2015, 04:41

Tean94 wrote:With the more recent DVDs, I'm seeing the Cinavia protection when playing them back. And while I'm thankful that my player remembers where my movie leaves off when I have to turn it off and turn it back on about 10 times throughout the movie, I just don't have the overall patience for that crap. Not to mention my kids are not too happy about it either.

Thanks!

Sorry for this issue. Please read the post on viewtopic.php?f=30&t=69415 .
Willer

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows