How to do with the "IDE transfer mode" window in DVD Copy?

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

How to do with the "IDE transfer mode" window in DVD Copy?

Postby cloud » 15 Jun 2009, 08:20

Some users may meet the following window when they open Ideal DVD Copy. And they maybe puzzled about this window.

1) What does this window mean?
IDE transfer mode is an important factor to affect copying speed. It includes two modes, one is PIO, the other is DMA. The PIO mode is much slower than DMA in transfering data from your DVD drive. Ideal DVD Copy will auto-detect the IDE transfer mode of your DVD drive, if it found it is PIO, it will automatically switch it to DMA. But for some chip set computers, our program failed to enable the DMA mode, so it will popup this window to remind you everytime when you open Ideal DVD Copy.

2) How much will the IDE transfer mode affect the copying speed?
If the transfer mode you set to DMA, the copying speed will be much quicker than PIO mode. For example, with DMA mode, you will only need 20-40 minutes to copy a DVD, but with PIO mode, maybe you need about 2 hours even much more time.

3) What can I do after I follow the instruction to reboot my PC but still get that window?
That's because our program failed to enable the DMA mode of your PC. You may just check the option "Do not check it again" and then click "No" button like below, then you won't get that window again next time when you open Ideal DVD Copy.

However, if you still want to enable the DMA mode, you may follow the steps in the following thread to enable the DMA mode manually.
How to enable DMA mode?
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows