Why is burning DVD's so friggin complex ???

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Why is burning DVD's so friggin complex ???

Postby deniro1979 » 18 Nov 2010, 17:44

Here is what I am trying to accomplish;

1. I want to be able to burn a video that I downloaded to a blank dvd. The files are avi files.

2. I also want to be able to put a dvd that will only work on my computer onto my hard drive so that I can burn it in a format that will allow me to watch it on a stand alone dvd player.

Problems I'm having

The software I've tried so far either can't do what I need or isn't user friendly enough for me. I've tried Windows Movie maker and Roxio (the one that came with my xp)

Which is the most user friendly software out there to accomplish this?

How long will should take to encode/burn a 2 hour movie from my hard drive onto dvd?

Thanks
deniro1979

Re: Why is burning DVD's so friggin complex ???

Postby cloud » 19 Nov 2010, 04:39

For you first purpose, burning avi to blank DVD:
First, please check if your standalone DVD player supports playing avi file. If yes, then you may use your general burning software like Nero to burn the Avi file to a blank CD or DVD directly. If not, you should first convert the avi file to DVD format, then you may use our Ideal DVD Copy to burn it from hard drive to blank DVD directly. You may search "avi to dvd" by google to see which one can finish this job.

Second purpose, burning DVD to hard drive:
In fact, since your final purpose is to watching the DVD on your standalone DVD player, you needn't rip it to hard drive first. Just use Ideal DVD Copy to burn it to blank DVD directly. Thus you may get the same quality as the original one. You may refer to http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/copy-dvd-to-dvd.htm to learn how to do that.

If you still like rip it to a single file to your hard drive first and your stand-alone player also supports avi, you may use Ideal DVD to Avi converter to rip the whole DVD to avi, then you may use other burning software to burn it to a blank CD or DVD. (but I don't suggest you do like this, since after converting, the quality will be reduced, and finally you want to appreciate it on your player not the computer.)

As for the ripping time, before answering, we need to understand what you're doing, converting avi to dvd, burning dvd to dvd or burning avi to dvd? The time of different task is different. You you're burning a DVD from hard drive to blank DVD, then it will be finished at about 20 minutes. Tell me the format of the movie, and what're doing, and which software you're using, then we'll give you more exact reply.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows