Copy dvd to extertal HD

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Copy dvd to extertal HD

Postby cloud » 27 Sep 2010, 06:19

My situation is follows: I have 300 dvd's that I want to put on external hard drive and the hook to PS3 or WD TV live plus (media center) and go to my TV and scroll thru my dvd's (hopefully copied to Ext HD) and watch any dvd thru my tv I want instead of having a huge pile of dvd's. So 1st problem : what do I format my external HD too. 2nd what programs should i install on ext HD to see all my movies and pick and watch on TV. 3rd how do i copy dvd's, while maintaing excellent video quality, and place them on ext HD. PLEASE LMK thanks.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Re: Copy dvd to extertal HD

Postby cloud » 27 Sep 2010, 07:49

Sorry, I can't understand your first question quite well. Please describe it more clearly.

As for question two, it depends on what format you want to convert your DVD to so that you can watch it through PS3 or WDTV. By searching on the internet, I found both PS3 and WDTV support MPEG-2 format. So I think you may install KMplayer play these files.

For the third question, you may follow the steps below:
1) Open Ideal DVD Copy
2) Insert your DVD to your DVD drive
3) Choose "To hard disk..." from the "Detination" dropdown list, then choose your external HD as the destination.
4) Choow a proper copy mode then click "Start" to copy.

Dosing so, you can get the same quality as the original DVD. But I'm not sure if your PS3 and WDTV can play this kind of format well. Anyway, you may have a try, then let me know the result, I'll give you further help.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows