Subtitles

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Subtitles

Postby culver » 26 Apr 2010, 23:41

I did a search on subtitles and nothing came up. It would be nice to have an option where subtitles could be included on a shrunk disk or perhaps there is a way to do it now. If so, I would like to have a post on this from one of the techs. Nice software.
culver

Re: Subtitles

Postby cloud » 27 Apr 2010, 06:15

Sorry. the subtitle isn't an individual stream or file.

In fact, when backuping a DVD, our software will keep the same file structure as the original one. For DVD file structure (which has a VIDEO_TS folder includes many .ifo, .vob and .bup files), the subtitle are stored in the .vob file, but all the navigation information in stored in the .ifo file. When playing back, DVD player software will read the .ifo files to know which subtitle should be open.

If you just use "the entire disc", all the subtitles on the original DVD will be included in the shrunk DVD. You may switch the subtitle to the one you wanted by setting it on the DVD menu.

Let me know your demand, then I'll give you exact instructions.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows