Picture Size

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Picture Size

Postby MuZila » 20 Apr 2010, 07:14

Hi there. I have all the Ideal programs. Very happy with them all.

Now my problem.......

I have a 42 inch plazma and wondered how I can get the output file from DVD to AVI to give me a full screen instead of a tiny line in the middle of my screen? This also happens on my 32 inch LCD.

I have a server hooked up to the TV's and use Windows Media Player 10 to watch my AVI files.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
MuZila.
MuZila

Re: Picture Size

Postby cloud » 20 Apr 2010, 09:49

Did you just use the default profile? If yes, please first re-config the profile, you may refer to http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/avi-adjust-profile.htm to learn how to do it. And remember to set the resolution to 640*480 for full screen movie and 640*360 for wide screen movie. Please also improve the video bitrate 2500kbps. Then re-rip the DVD, stop it after 1 minut. Play the output file in your Windows Media Player and switch it to full screen. Then you should get big picture and better quality on your 42 inch plazma and 32 inch LCD.

Please have a try and tell me the result. Thanks.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 20 Apr 2010, 10:14

I will give that a go and report back.

Thanks.
MuZila

Postby MuZila » 21 Apr 2010, 09:04

:( Ok I changed the settings to your values. Sadly I still have huge black bars top and bottom.

Any more ideas?

Thanks
MuZila

Postby cloud » 21 Apr 2010, 12:57

How about playing the original DVD on the same device? Did you also get black bars on the top and bottom? What's the aspect ratio of the original DVD, 2.35:1 or 16:9?
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby cloud » 22 Apr 2010, 09:57

P.S. Does your windows media player play DVD-video format directly? If yes, you may use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the DVD to your hard drive, then open the VIDEO_TS.ifo file to watch it. You should get the same quality as the original one on your TV.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 12 May 2010, 04:06

cloud wrote:P.S. Does your windows media player play DVD-video format directly? If yes, you may use Ideal DVD Copy to copy the DVD to your hard drive, then open the VIDEO_TS.ifo file to watch it. You should get the same quality as the original one on your TV.

I copy my dvds to hard drive. then from there I write them to disk and then I do a convert to AVI.

I have a few boxsets like star trek, Stargate SG1 and stuff. Now they all come out full screen just fine.
It seems that some dvd movies when converted squish down no matter what I do. Strange really. The original dvd through a dvd player is usually either full screen or letterbox format but nothing like the AVI turns out.

I tend to think it may be the setup I have and not the conversion that causes the squshing of the picture. When I get time I will have a play with the tv and computer settings and see what happens.

Thanks for the replys and great information. Appreciate it.
MuZila

Postby cloud » 12 May 2010, 07:36

I'll wait for your result.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby cloud » 21 Jun 2010, 13:58

Hi, how about your issue?

If you still have the original DVD, please insert it to your DVD drive, then click "File"->"Export bup files" to export the bup files of the original DVD. I'll check the aspect ratio and log file, then I'll give you further help.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 20 Jul 2010, 08:54

Hi cloud.

Sorry about the delay I have been off the net for a while. I will sort out some of my dvds this weekend and upload them for you. I do tend to think it is a media player problem though. But I see what we come up with and if it is a media player problem I will start looking for somthing better.
MuZila

Postby cloud » 21 Jul 2010, 03:40

Re-reading all your post carefully. I guess, the aspect ratio of the original DVD should be 2.35:1, and when converting, our program will output it as 1.78:1, so there will be huge black bar both on the top and bottom. Now, please follow the steps below to try again, and then tell me the result.
1) Download the latest version 2.0.4 of Ideal DVD to avi conerter from http://www.idealdvdcopy.com/download/IdealDVD2AVI204.exe and just install it. Note, you needn't uninstall the existed version. Just close the current version, then double click the new setup file to install. This version added "Crop to 2.35:1" function.

2)Click "Options"->"Configure"->"Profile", choose "Crop to 2.35:1" as following.

3)Rip the troubled DVD again, and stop it after 1 minute.

4)Playback the ripped file on your 32 inch and 42 inch TV and tell me if it's better this time.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 03 Oct 2010, 01:08

Havn't been on net for a while. Had a huge earthquake here and it knocked everything out, power, net water the lot.
Anyway back now. I will try out that sugestion of yours. Thanks for that.

I have worked out that win media player 10 does shrink the picture so the bars top and bottom are way bigger than say a standalone dvd player.

I have a few differant programs to try out when I get all sorted out. I will get back to you with feed back.

Great software and exellent service. Kan't fault a thing!!!!!

Cheers.
MuZila

Postby cloud » 04 Oct 2010, 13:37

Sorry to hear the bad news. Wish everything will be OK soon.
cloud
Site Admin

Postby MuZila » 12 Oct 2010, 20:52

That worked alot better. Thank you.
FYI win mediaplayer does change the aspect ratio of the files. I am using powerdvd at the moment and that does a fullscreen playback.

Thanks for all you hard work!!
MuZila

Postby cloud » 14 Oct 2010, 02:53

Glad to hear the news. Feel free to post here if you still have any questions.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows