Best burn speed for dual layer DVD's

We will post the tech guides about Ideal DVD Copy here. If you have any question when using Ideal DVD Copy, just post here, we'll help you as soon as possible.

Moderators: lucy, Xorsist, TattooScorpio, cloud, Willer

Best burn speed for dual layer DVD's

Postby MaryL » 12 Feb 2010, 01:43

I have dual layered DVD's as I don't always want to shrink my movies. What is the best burn speed and which burn engine do I use. Internal 1 or 2 or dowload something else. I have tried a couple of times but the movie skips or drags, so I'm doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated. :?:
MaryL

Re: Best burn speed for dual layer DVD's

Postby cloud » 12 Feb 2010, 03:05

Both burning engines are OK, the default one is "Internal burning engine 1". In the past, engine 1 is compatible better with dual layer disc than engine 2, but in the later version, we upgrade engine 2 to the latest version, which improved the compability with dual layer discs. When you failed on engine 1, then you can switch to engine 2 to try.

And the burning speed depends on your media and the burner. But you'd better use the slowest speed of the media to burn since dual layer disc is picky. You may click the "configuration" button which is beside Start button, then click "Burning" tab, check "Choose burning speed, volume name and the number of copies before burning", then when the burning process begin, our program will popup a window to tell you all available speed of the media, then you may just choose a slower one to burn.

Burning issue is very complex, it depends on the media, the burner and software as well, once you failed to burn a DVD, just click the icon on the left top window of Ideal DVD Copy, then click "Export log file", and you will get a .ilz file, just save it and email to us, then we'll check it and give you exact instructions to solve it.
Ideal DVD Software - give you the eaiest solution for DVD Copy and video conversion.
Backup any protected DVDs or convert DVD/avi/wmv/flv/rmvb/rv to iPod/psp/avi formats.
cloud
Site Admin

Return to Ideal DVD Copy for Windows